Our Queso Fundido recipe gets its rich, zesty kick from Sargento ChefStyle Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese. This delicious, melted cheese appetizer is perfect for a party or when you have friends over to watch a game.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 8 oz. uncooked chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, sliced, optional
- 1/4 tsp. paprika, optional
- Tortilla chips
Cook onion and sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Pour off drippings.
Stir in green chilies and cheese; transfer to a pie plate or quiche dish.
Bake in preheated 375°F 15 to 18 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with sliced fresh jalapeno pepper and paprika, if desired. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- Note: Literally translated, queso fundido is "melted cheese."
- Variation: Add 1 cup cooked corn and 2 Tbsp. chopped red bell pepper
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 19.2g
Saturated Fat 9.0g
Trans Fat 5.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Vitamin A 6RE
Vitamin C 2mg