- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1 lb. (93% fat free) ground turkey
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Cheddar Jack , divided
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/4 teaspoon each: salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Vienna or sourdough bread, toasted
- 3 cups packed baby arugula, baby spinach or watercress sprigs
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
Combine turkey, 1/2 cup of the cheese, bread crumbs, egg, milk, salt and pepper. Mix well (mixture will be somewhat wet). Shape into four 1/2-inch thick oval patties.
Cook patties in a nonstick skillet or grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center (165°F internal temperature).
Place patties on toast on four serving plates. Combine arugula with remaining ½ cup cheese in a medium bowl. Add oil and vinegar; toss well and serve over patties.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 20.9g
Saturated Fat 7.4g
Trans Fat 6.9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.9g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 82RE
Vitamin C 2mg