Portobello Mushroom Sandwiches
With a hint of Mediterranean flavor, Portobello Mushroom Sandwiches are the portal to a whole other world of flavor. Spread some finely minced Kalamata olives on a Kaiser, lay down those grilled Portobellos and smother them with all natural Sargento® Natural Blends™ Deli Style Sliced Provolone-Mozzarella Cheese. You’ll be the talk of the backyard!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 2
- 2 large (8 to 10 oz. total) portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup Italian or red wine vinegar salad dressing
- 2 bell peppers, quartered lengthwise
- 2 slices Sargento® Natural Blends® Deli Style Sliced Provolone-Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive spread or finely minced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 slices rustic Italian bread, lightly toasted or 2 Kaiser rolls, split and lightly toasted
Heat grill to medium-high heat or preheat broiler. Clean mushrooms and scrape out gills with a spoon.
Brush dressing over both sides of mushrooms and bell peppers. Grill over medium heat or broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 5 minutes per side or until vegetables are tender. Place cheese over mushrooms during the last minute of cooking.
Meanwhile, combine olive spread, basil and mayonaise; spread over bread or rolls. Fill sandwiches with the mushrooms and peppers.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 24.0g
Saturated Fat 6.1g
Trans Fat 5.1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7.6g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 121RE
Vitamin C 114mg