Beef & Cheddar Nachos
Whether you’re tailgating or crowding around the flat screen, these Beef and Cheddar Nachos guarantee you party MVP. The key ingredient? Our authentic, bold-tasting Sargento Traditional Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese. The end result? A game-winning recipe!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8 appetizer servings
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 7 to 8 cups (7 oz.) sturdy tortilla chips
- 1-3/4 cups (7 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Optional toppings: diced ripe avocado, sliced pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped cilantro and additional salsa
Cook and stir meat with bell pepper and garlic in large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in salsa; simmer 5 minutes.
Arrange tortilla chips in single layer on foil-lined 12-inch pizza pan or large rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over chips. Spoon meat mixture over chips; top with remaining cheese.
Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 12 to 14 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top as desired.
Serves: 8 appetizer servings
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 19.1g
Saturated Fat 7.5g
Trans Fat 4.6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 49RE
Vitamin C 17mg