Apple, Almond & Cheddar Salad
Apples and almonds and cheddar, oh my that’s a salad! Just add some baby or spring greens, Sargento Deli Style Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese and a light sherry vinaigrette, and enjoy in the yellow brick sun.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. sherry or champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups packed mixed baby or spring greens
- 1 unpeeled red apple, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a small bowl; chill while preparing salad or up to 8 hours before serving.
Arrange greens and apple on four serving plates. Stack cheese and cut lengthwise into 6 strips; cut strips in half crosswise. Sprinkle cheese and almonds over salads. Re-whisk dressing; drizzle over salads.
- Substitute a ripe, red pear for the apple and toasted pecan halves for the almonds.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 26.4g
Saturated Fat 4.6g
Trans Fat 14.8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5.9g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Vitamin A 228RE
Vitamin C 17mg