Basted Eggs with Pepper Jack and Avocado
Crack some eggs and make it a morning to remember. Cooked sunny side up with fresh avocado, cilantro and Sargento® Sliced Reduced Sodium Pepper Jack Cheese over toast. It’s the perfect beginning to any day.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 2
- 2 tsp. canola oil or unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices Sargento® Sliced Reduced Sodium Pepper Jack Cheese, diagonally halved
- 2 slices multi-grain or pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or green onions (optional)
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Crack eggs into skillet. Cook sunny side up 3 minutes or until whites are just set. Arrange cheese over eggs; cover skillet and turn heat to low. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Top toast with avocado and cilantro; serve eggs over toast.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 23.5g
Saturated Fat 7.4g
Trans Fat 10.3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4.2g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 163RE
Vitamin C 2mg