- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4 as a main dish or 8 as an appetizer
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1-3/4 cups (7 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chipotle hot sauce or hot pepper sauce, or more to taste
Place 4 tortillas on a foil-lined baking sheet. Coat tortillas with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil. Turn tortillas over.
Spread cheese evenly over tortillas; top with 1/2 cup cilantro and remaining tortillas, pressing gently. Coat tops of tortillas with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil.
Bake in a preheated 450°F oven 5 minutes. With a large spatula, turn quesadillas over. Continue baking 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl make pico de gallo by combining avocado, 1/4 cup cilantro and remaining ingredients; mix well. Cut quesadillas into quarters for a main dish or eighths for an appetizer. Serve with avocado pico de gallo.
Serves: 4 as a main dish or 8 as an appetizer
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 22.7g
Saturated Fat 9.0g
Trans Fat 10.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.0g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Vitamin A 46RE
Vitamin C 13mg