- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- 7 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into cubes
- 4 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 oz.) chopped kalamata or black olives
- 1 jar (24 oz.) Bertolli® Olive Oil and Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. each: salt and pepper
- 1 box (16 oz.) penne pasta
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
In heavy skillet, combine remaining olive oil, garlic, eggplant and oregano. Cook 15 minutes until eggplant softens. Mix in olives and pasta sauce and simmer for 10 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, cook penne in boiling salted water for 11 minutes to al dente firm. Drain.
Stir penne into vegetable mixture. Fold in 1-1/2 cups cheese. Transfer to prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese and cover with foil. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake about 15 minutes more until cheese begins to brown.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 24.6g
Saturated Fat 6.2g
Trans Fat 12.6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 111RE
Vitamin C 10mg