- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- 2 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 cups (16 oz.)Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 lb. lean pork sausage
- 3 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) Italian or plum tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp. fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
Grease a 14x2-inch deep-dish pizza pan; sprinkle lightly with cornmeal. Roll bread dough to 16-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Press dough into bottom and 1 1/2-inches up sides of pan.
Sprinkle with 3 cups cheese; crumble sausage over cheese. Top with tomatoes, oregano, fennel, mushrooms, if desired, and remaining cheese.
Bake in preheated 500°F oven 5 minutes; reduce heat to 400°F and bake an additional 35 minutes or until crust is golden and sausage is cooked through.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 25.7g
Saturated Fat 12.2g
Trans Fat 10.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.8g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 51RE
Vitamin C 3mg