Hot Spinach Dip
Give your Easter guests an appetizing treat with this creamy blend of spinach, onions, sour cream and Sargento Artisan Blends Shredded Parmesan Cheese. And make sure to keep a second bowl handy, for this hour ‘devoir keeps guests scooping for more.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: Makes: 6 cups
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Light Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 lb. ham, diced
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (1 lb.) round loaf bread, unsliced
Combine Ricotta cheese and sour cream in food processor, blender or electric mixer; Process until smooth. Stir in spinach, ham, Parmesan cheese and green onions; set aside.
Cut 1-inch slice off top of bread; reserve. Remove bread from inside loaf, retaining a 3/4-inch shell. Cut bread from inside loaf into bite-size cubes; set cubes aside.
Pour cheese mixture into bread shell; replace top. Wrap bread in foil and place on baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 60 minutes or until heated through. Arrange heated loaf and bread cubes on large serving platter.
- To use fresh spinach instead of frozen: Cook spinach 3 to 4 minutes in 1/4-inch water in a covered, large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until wilted. Rinse in cold water and drain well. Squeeze dry and chop.
Makes: 6 cups
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 4.2g
Saturated Fat 2.1g
Trans Fat 0.9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 154RE
Vitamin C 2mg