- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 12
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 cups (16 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 4 cups (16 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 8 oz. Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Muenster Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (optional)
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Add milk and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in 3 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese and all of the Mild Cheddar Cheese until melted. Stir in cooked macaroni.
Spread 4 cups macaroni mixture into two 8 or 9-inch baking dishes or pans. Layer 1 cup Mozzarella and half of Muenster cheese slices over macaroni. Repeat layering with 4 cups macaroni mixture, remaining 1 cup Mozzarella and Muenster cheese slices. Spread remaining macaroni mixture over cheese; top with remaining 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese. Top with breadcrumbs if desired.
Bake in preheated 350°F oven 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Two 8- or 9- inch baking dishes can be used. Serve one now and freeze the second for a meal at a later time.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 40.4g
Saturated Fat 23.9g
Trans Fat 10.9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 66RE
Vitamin C 5mg