Amish-Style Smothered Mushroom Burgers
Ever wonder what the Amish do on the 4th of July? Same thing every American does…they break out the grill! This juicy burger is smothered in sliced mushrooms and shallots, Worcestershire sauce, and topped with Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1-1/4 lbs. ground beef or turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion or shallots
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) sliced exotic mushrooms or 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese
- 4 onion rolls, split, lightly toasted or grilled
Combine meat, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape to form 4 patties, 1/2-inch thick.
Grill or broil patties 4 to 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Meanwhile, cook onion in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
Place cheese over patties during the last minute of cooking. Serve in rolls topped with mushroom mixture.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 20.6g
Saturated Fat 6.9g
Trans Fat 4.8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.9g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 24RE
Vitamin C 4mg