- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1 can (15 or 16 oz.) refried black beans
- 3/4 cup tomatillo salsa or salsa verde, divided
- 2 tsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 small red, yellow or green bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1 lb. large peeled and deveined uncooked shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Authentic Mexican Cheese, divided
- 4 (7 to 8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed according to package directions
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
In a medium saucepan, combine beans and 1/4 cup salsa. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add shrimp and garlic; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Add remaining 1/2 cup salsa; stir-fry 1 minute.
Stir 3/4 cup cheese into beans; transfer to 4 serving plates. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over beans. Fill tortillas with shrimp mixture and remaining 1 cup cheese. Serve alongside beans. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 25.7g
Saturated Fat 11.1g
Trans Fat 5.6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.2g
Dietary Fiber 8g
Vitamin A 77RE
Vitamin C 37mg