Carne Asada Tacos
National Taco Day hits in October, and like us, you’ll want to kick it off with Sargento inspired tacos. Our Carne Asada Tacos pack a fiesta of mouthwatering flavor. It’s juicy skirt steak, chipotle salsa or jalapeno (if you’re up for it), and Sargento Artisan Blends Shredded Authentic Mexican Cheese, all wrapped in flour tortillas.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1 tsp. ancho or chipotle chili powder
- 1 lb. beef skirt steak
- 4 slices (1/4-inch thick) large sweet or yellow onion
- 2/3 cup chipotle or jalapeño salsa, divided
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Authentic Mexican Cheese, divided
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas, warmed according to package directions
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- =Optional toppings:
- Diced ripe avocado, sour cream, chopped cilantro or green onions
Prepare barbecue grill or preheat broiler. Sprinkle chili powder and salt to taste, if desired, over steak. Arrange steak and onion slices on grill grate or broiler pan. Spoon 1/3 cup salsa over steak and onion slices. Grill or broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source 4 to 5 minutes per side or until meat is pink in center and onion slices are tender.
Transfer steak to carving board; cut crosswise into thin strips. Place steak in a medium bowl. Separate onion slices into rings; add to bowl. Add 1 cup cheese; toss mixture well.
Fill warmed tortillas with steak mixture, lettuce, tomato, remaining cheese and remaining salsa. Garnish as desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 38.9g
Saturated Fat 17.1g
Trans Fat 9.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 241RE
Vitamin C 23mg