- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup diced green, red and yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 jar (24 oz.) tomato & basil pasta sauce
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, stirring frequently; drain. Stir in bell peppers and wine; simmer 5 minutes. Add sauce; simmer 5 minutes.
Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan or dish. Layer 3 noodles, 1 cup Ricotta, 1 cup meat sauce, 1 cup Mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan in pan. Repeat layering with 3 noodles, remaining Ricotta and all remaining meat sauce.
Cover with foil. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 40 minutes. Uncover; top with remaining 1 cup Mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan . Continue baking uncovered 10 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- You can purchase chopped bell peppers from many supermarket salad bars
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 32.7g
Saturated Fat 15.8g
Trans Fat 12.3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3.1g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 73RE
Vitamin C 44mg