Barbecued Cheddar Sloppy Joes
Nothing quite beats a little bit of barbeque. Unless of course it’s topped with Sargento Deli Style Sliced Extra Sharp Cheddar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced green or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce or chipotle barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 4 onion rolls or hamburger buns, split, lightly toasted
- 4 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Cook meat with bell pepper, onion and, if desired, garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, stirring frequently; drain. Add barbecue sauce and catsup; simmer 5 minutes, or until thickened and pepper is tender, stirring occasionally.
Spoon meat mixture over bottoms or rolls; top each with a slice of cheese and roll tops.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 13.9g
Saturated Fat 5.9g
Trans Fat 4.7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.8g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin A 21RE
Vitamin C 19mg