Apple & Cheddar Bread Pudding
Looking to bake something savory-sweet for your special someone? Try this Apple & Cheddar Bread Pudding recipe, made scrumptious with Sargento Traditional Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 12
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large unpeeled apples, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (3 cups)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf (16 oz.) cinnamon swirl bread or cinnamon-raisin swirl bread, cubed
- 1-3/4 cups (7 oz.) Sargento® Traditional Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups whole milk or half-and-half
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- =Optional toppings:
- Slightly sweetened whipped cream or warm caramel or butterscotch ice cream topping
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in cinnamon.
In a very large bowl, toss bread cubes with apple mixture and 1/2 cup cheese. Spread evenly in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish; top with 1/2 cup cheese. Beat eggs with sugar in the same bowl; stir in milk and vanilla. Pour mixture evenly over bread mixture, pressing down on bread to moisten top cubes of bread. Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
Heat oven to 350°F. Bake pudding 40 to 45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown; top with remaining cheese and let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with toppings if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 12.7g
Saturated Fat 5.8g
Trans Fat 2.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 70RE
Vitamin C 2mg