- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4 as a side dish or 8 as an appetizer
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup polenta or cornmeal
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. minced rinsed and drained canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce*
In a large, heavy saucepan, combine milk, water, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and slowly add the polenta, whisking constantly.
Reduce heat to low; simmer, whisking frequently, until the polenta thickens, about 10 minutes.
Stir in butter until melted. Stir in cheeses and chipotle chilies.
- *Store remaining chilies in refrigerator up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Serves: 4 as a side dish or 8 as an appetizer
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 24.0g
Saturated Fat 14.6g
Trans Fat 5.9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Vitamin A 152RE
Vitamin C 1mg