- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Double Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 Tbsp. real bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef chuck
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Kaiser or onion rolls, split, grilled or toasted if desired
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- Optional condiments: sliced pickles, ketchup, mustard or 1,000 Island dressing
Preheat grill to medium-high heat or preheat broiler.
Combine 1/2 cup cheese, green onions and bacon; mix well and set aside. Combine meat, salt, pepper and remaining 3/4 cup cheese, mixing well. Shape mixture to form 8 thin patties 4-1/2 to 5 inches in diameter. Divide cheese and green onion mixture over 4 of the patties; top with remaining patties. Pinch edges together well to seal.
Grill or broil 5 to 6 minutes per side or until internal temperature of meat is 160°F. Serve in rolls with lettuce, tomato and condiments as desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 20.5g
Saturated Fat 8.8g
Trans Fat 6.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.1g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 43RE
Vitamin C 9mg