- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 6
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg. (1 lb. 4 oz.) refrigerated red potato wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-3/4 cups (7 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian Cheese
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil or Italian parsley
Cook sausage, onion, bell peppers and garlic in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until sausage is cooked through and onion and peppers are tender.
Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add potatoes; cook until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Layer half of the potatoes in a 1-1/2 qt. shallow casserole or quiche dish. Top with half of sausage mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat with remaining potatoes, sausage mixture and cheese.
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Top with basil.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 20.3g
Saturated Fat 9.8g
Trans Fat 7.6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Vitamin A 81RE
Vitamin C 48mg