- Prep Time: None minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 10
- 5 large russet (baking) potatoes, unpeeled
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped leeks, white part only
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced garlic cloves
- Salt, preferably gray sea salt
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shelled English or garden green peas (about 2 pounds unshelled)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1-3/4 cups (7 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- 1/4 cup proscuitto, diced and cooked until crisp(optional)
Prick each potato once or twice with fork, place directly on oven rack; bake in preheated 450°F oven until tender, 1 to 1-1/4 hours. Remove from oven; let stand until cool enough to handle.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, melt 2 Tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add leeks, garlic and pinch of salt; reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until leeks are very soft, 7 to 8 minutes. Add thyme; cook 10 seconds. Add cream; bring to a boil. Add peas; simmer until peas are barely tender, about 2 minutes. Pour mixture into food processor and let cool slightly. Process until pureed, 45 to 60 seconds; set aside.
When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each one in half lengthwise and scoop out, leaving a 1/4-inch shell; transfer potato to bowl.
In large skillet, melt 2 Tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add potato and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up any large chunks; add remaining 4 Tbsp. butter and pepper to taste. Add pea puree and stir until well combined. Stir in lemon zest. Stir in prosciutto, if desired. Add 1 cup cheese and stir. Spoon into potato shells and place on rimmed baking sheet. Top potatoes with remaining cheese. Bake in preheated 375°F oven until heated through and cheese is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 27.1g
Saturated Fat 16.7g
Trans Fat 5.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Vitamin A 249RE
Vitamin C 26mg