- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 2
- 2 small zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red chile pepper flakes
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 ciabatta rolls*
- 6 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Baby Swiss Cheese or Aged Swiss Cheese
Cut squash diagonally into 1/2-inch thick slices. Toss with oil and chile flakes; season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Arrange in one layer in preheated panini pan. Close press; cook 3 minutes or until squash is seared and tender.
Slice off the tops of the ciabatta rolls; save for another use. The rolls should now be 1-inch thick. Split the rolls horizontally. Turn bottom halves up and top with 2 slices cheese, squash mixture, mint and remaining cheese. Close sandwiches with top halves of ciabatta rolls. Brush lightly with additional olive oil, if desired.
Cook sandwiches in preheated panini maker or on gas grill for 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- * 4 large slices multi-grain or whole wheat bread may be substituted.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 30.8g
Saturated Fat 11.6g
Trans Fat 15.7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.0g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 54RE
Vitamin C 6mg