- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 6
- 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Add chicken and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
Add remaining butter, rice and garlic to skillet and cook 5 minutes, or until rice is lightly browned, stirring constantly. Stir in mushrooms and green onions; cook 4 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
Stir in chicken broth and basil. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in chicken; simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through and rice is tender. Top with cheese; let stand 5 minutes until cheese melts.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 24.2g
Saturated Fat 12.6g
Trans Fat 7.3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.1g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 133RE
Vitamin C 3mg