- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 8 oz. rotelle or penne pasta
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta or bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp. Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan & Romano Cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Combine asparagus and 1 tablespoon water in microwave-safe bowl; cover. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Rinse with cool water and drain; set aside.
Cook pancetta in large skillet until slightly brown. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add oil, bell pepper, chicken, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Add half-and-half and asparagus; cook 2 minutes or until asparagus is heated through. Stir in Italian cheese until melted.
Toss pasta with chicken mixture; add basil. Transfer to serving plates; top with Parmesan and Romano cheese.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 22.5g
Saturated Fat 9.1g
Trans Fat 6.4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 196RE
Vitamin C 47mg