Grilled Bacon & Cheese Sandwiches
The only thing better than grilled cheese is grilled cheese made with bacon and Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese. With a side of bacon.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 4
- 8 slices multi-grain or firm white sandwich bread
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
- 8 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese or Colby Cheese
- 6 to 8 slices crisply cooked bacon, halved
- 4 slices large tomato
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard (optional)
Heat a large griddle or two large nonstick skillets over medium-low heat. Spread butter evenly over one side of each bread slice. Place 4 slices bread, buttered side down, on griddle or in skillets.
Layer 4 slices cheese, bacon, tomato slices and remaining 4 slices cheese over bread; top with remaining bread, buttered side up. Cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Cut sandwiches diagonally into halves; serve with mustard for dipping, if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 56.8g
Saturated Fat 22.9g
Trans Fat 20.8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4.5g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 134RE
Vitamin C 16mg