- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: Serves: 8
- 1-1/4 cups fine chocolate wafer crumbs (25 cookies, processed in food processor)
- 1/4 cup (plus 2 Tbsp.) butter, melted
- 4 cups (30 oz.) Sargento® Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or mint-flavored chocolate chips, divided
- Mint sprigs (optional)
Lightly grease bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan. Combine crust ingredients in small bowl. Press evenly over bottom of pan. Bake in preheated 350°F oven 10 minutes.
Combine Ricotta cheese, sugar, half-and-half, flour, vanilla and salt in medium bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, blend with electric mixer until smooth. Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips; pour over crust.
Bake in preheated 350°F oven 1 hour or until set. Cool in oven with door propped open 30 minutes. Refrigerate 4 hours or longer.
Place remaining chocolate chips in small resealable plastic bag, sealing securely. Melt chocolate in microwave oven 2 minutes or in hot water. Cut off one small corner of bag. Drizzle chocolate attractively over chilled cake. Let stand 10 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into wedges; garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 36.4g
Saturated Fat 22.1g
Trans Fat 4.8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Vitamin A 101RE
Vitamin C 0mg